Art Hide Pty Ltd ABN 71 143 743 926 creates designer and ethically sourced cowhide rugs and leather products for f both residential and commercial environments.
By ordering products, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms of Sale.
Purchasing our products
- You may buy products offered online by Art Hide by navigating the catalogue and shopping cart available on our website, or you may order a customised product directly with our design team.
- To purchase products, you must be at least 18 years of age
- By placing an order, you confirm that you are at least 18 years of age and that all information you provide is accurate, complete
Pricing You understand and agree:
- Art Hide products may be determined by pre-determined pricing on products listed for sale via the website or according to client specifications.
- Please refer to your invoice for details and specifications of your selected product.
- All specifications, drawings, and particulars of weights and dimensions submitted to Art Hide by you are considered approximate only.
- Where you supply specifications, drawings or other particulars, Art Hide's price is made on estimates of quantities required.
- If there are any adjustments in quantities above or below the quantities estimated by Art Hide and set out in a quotation, then any such increase or decrease is to be adjusted on a unit rate basis according to unit prices set out in this document or the quotation.
- Quotes provided by Art Hide are valid for three (3) months from the date of quote. Jobs proceeding after this length of time may need to be re-quoted.
- Any deviation from specifications submitted by you does not vitiate any contract with Art Hide or form grounds for any claim against Art Hide.
- The descriptions, illustrations, and performances in catalogues, price lists, and other advertising matter do not form part of the contract of sale of the goods or the description applied to prices.
- Pricing is displayed in the currency of the location of the sale (AUD or USD if overseas).
- All prices include delivery charges.
- The Customer is responsible for customs duty and other taxes applicable for purchases and delivery to locations outside Australia or the USA.
- All prices are subject to change without notice.
- The full payment for your order (including the product price and applicable delivery charges) will be deducted from your chosen payment method on completion of your order.
- Where variations are simply a case of size or colour from existing collections (so long as hide colour features in Art Hide folio), please refer to the Price List located on the website and Digital Showroom.
- For all other designs, prices are provided upon application.
- A deposit of 40% deposit is required to proceed with the manufacturing process. This payment is non-refundable once manufacturing has commenced.
- The buyer must pay the balance of the quoted price before final delivery. All goods remain property of Art Hide until any monies owing are paid in full.
- Art Hide reserves the right to charge for pre-manufacturing services, including design development, renders, sample sourcing, meetings and liaison with Art Hide representatives.
- If a quoted job is signed off and subsequently cancelled before manufacturing, pre-manufacturing service charges will be levied to the client at a rate of 30% of the total invoice.
- We accept payment by Stripe, PayPal or bank transfer.
- We do not retain or store credit card details.
- Your selected items will be couriered within approximately seven (7) business days of receiving cleared funds, depending on whether it's Domestic or International orders.
- Art Hide may provide special offers from time to time.
- At any time, we may terminate any special offer without advance notice.
- If terminated, a special offer will continue to apply to products you ordered in good faith under these Terms before the special offer was terminated.
Free ServicesRoom Service
- Art Hide offers Room Service – a free virtual rendering service to help with your rug selection.
- Room service will prepare a highly realistic image of Art Hide rugs in your space to help you decide on a product.
- Art Hide does not guarantee that you will obtain the same result in your location as that prepared by Room Service. Room Service simulates an artistic impression, and an exact colour match may not be achieved
- The scale in the virtual render is an estimate. It is the Customers responsibility to check the space and order the correct size.
- Your correct selection after using Room Service is your responsibility.
- A refund is not available for change of mind or incorrect size and colour selection of a product using Room Service
- You may order Room Service via the "Order a Render" button on any product page and upload a photo of your space.
- The following details are required to be submitted when ordering a Room Service:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Additional Notes/Styles/Size Requests
- Photo of your space
- You may also choose to "Order a Swatch" for any of Art Hide's products to check the colour and quality in person.
- You may either purchase a single swatch for $29 or order a Box of Feels loan box of 5 swatches from our digital showroom if in the USA or Australia.
Art Hide in-house design service (Custom designs)
- Art Hide offers an in-house design service to assist customers with design development.
- Art Hide will work with the client to ensure that the Art Hide product is created to the client's desired effect.
- Art Hide will create a computer render 'mock-up' of how the bespoke design is likely to look, if varying from existing Art Hide patterns and where there is no pre-existing example. (This service is Room Service as above).
- The second stage of design is for the Customer to sign off the hand-selected pieces before stitching.
- As cowhide is a natural product, the actual rug can never look exactly the same as a computer render. However, if there are specific requests for the design, Art Hide will do its best to accommodate them.
- Because of the nature of the product, Art Hide does not guarantee the completed order will exactly resemble the computer-rendered mock-up of your desired design.
- You acknowledge that variations may occur between the computer-rendered mock-up and the finished product.
- You understand and agree that once sewing has commenced, no changes to the design are permitted.
- You acknowledge that variations may occur between the computer-rendered mock-up and the finished product.
- A refund or exchange is not available once a design has been accepted and signed off by you.
- Manufacturing time is typically 4-6 weeks. Art Hide will do our best to accommodate rush orders, and this may be arranged with a small surcharge to pay for the express courier.
- Custom orders take approximately ten (10) weeks for delivery from the time of order confirmation, depending on the design and production process's complexity.
- Natural variation, subtle colour and small size variations are inherent characteristics of natural leather.
- Dyed colours are likely to present a natural range within the specified tone. Likeness to photographed samples
- Pattern variations and slight colour or size differences should be expected.
- If a specific design is requested in a bespoke creation, this can be requested, and Art Hide will do its best to accommodate this request.
- All sizes are quoted as a representation only.
- The nature of hand made products sometimes results in size variations of up to 3% length or width; this is typically regarded as a feature, not a fault.
Shipping and Delivery
- It is your responsibility to enter or advise the correct address and delivery details at the time of ordering.
- If your goods are returned because an incorrect address was provided, you will be required to pay shipping costs to the correct address before the release of your item/s.
- The majority of items will be couriered within approximately seven (7) business days of receiving cleared funds.
- If you make a purchase over the weekend or on a public holiday, we will receive your payment on the next business day, and this may impact lead times Standard and International Shipping
- For website customers, shipping is free via our third-party courier booking platform.
- All other clients will be quoted freight charges at the time of ordering.
- For international shipments, items are couriered via DHL with insurance.
- All items have tracking. Customs and Import Duties
- For customers located in Australia and the USA, no customs or import duties are applicable.
- For any other countries, customs or import duties are charged once the parcel reaches its destination country and must be paid by the recipient of the parcel.
- You understand and agree:
- Art Hide has no control over delays with courier services or customs in your country once the item leaves our maker.
- Delivery times of items provided as estimates only.
- Art Hide has no control over delay with postal and courier services caused by events outside Art Hide's control, for example, natural disasters, government-enforced lockdowns, industrial disputes and therefore Art Hide is not responsible for late delivery of your items as a result of these types of issues.
- It is your responsibility to follow and manage the retrieval of your ordered item from your local post office or courier office.
- The delivery times are estimates only, and Art Hide is not liable for late delivery or non-delivery.
- Art Hide may, at its option, deliver the goods in any number of instalments.
- Art Hide is not responsible to you or any person for any loss or damage to goods in transit caused by any event of any kind by any person (whether or not Art Hide is legally responsible for the person who caused or contributed to that loss or damage).
Product Usage - Your responsibility
- Detailed instructions will be provided to you with your purchase.
- You are required to follow the instructions provided for the leather used by Art Hide for your item.
- The leather used to make Art Hide products will retain its natural appearance over a long period.
- Colours may change slightly as a result of time and other factors like sunlight.
- Natural marks, subtle colour and small size variations are inherent characteristics of natural leather.
- Hair comes out due to wear, rubbing, twisting, suction and heavy usage; please avoid these actions as much as possible.
- We recommend using a protective rug pad for dyed rugs that will provide a barrier in the highly unlikely event of any colour transfer dye to dyes reacting with flooring finishes. Rug handling
- When you receive your Art Hide leather rug, it will have been folded or rolled for transportation.
- Please back roll the rug against any creases and then lay it flat for several days, weighted if possible.
- The rug will typically settle after a short time.
- If you find the rug has persistent creasing that back folding will not remove, then you can iron the back of the rug with a press cloth on low heat to release the creases. Likeness to photographed samples
- Art Hide creates natural products.
- Each one of the rugs and accessories is unique.
- Pattern variations and slight colour differences should be expected, even in dyed hides, due to subtly different base colours and minor dye batch variations.
- When purchasing online, computer monitors can display colours slightly different from the actual item.
- We recommend you order a rug swatch to ensure you are happy with the colour.
- Art Hide is highly resistant to stains and is very easy to clean and maintain.
- Occasional, gentle vacuuming or brushing by hand in the direction of the hair growth will maintain the piece by redistributing natural oils.
- Do not use a brush setting on your vacuum, and vacuum no more than twice a month.
- Liquid substances will seldom penetrate the hide, and most spills float above the surface long enough to be wiped off with a damp sponge.
- Products can also be wiped with a light cleaning product. If a piece appears 'stained', a slightly more intensive product can be tried, for example, a baby wipe or hand soap.
- It is normal for rugs with gold foil detail to expect that the gold's brightness will subtly diminish over time and with foot traffic or furniture contact.
- Art Hide rugs are durable; however, some areas may thin over time with substantial foot traffic.
- Rotating the rug is always recommended and should be undertaken every few months.
- Rugs intended for long-term use are not recommended for extremely high traffic environments. Rug stitching
- Art Hide rugs are crafted with commercial-grade nylon thread and reinforced with canvas tape.
- The colour of the thread is the same tone as the hide unless otherwise specified.
- Art Hide endeavours to trim all threads back before shipping out rugs; however, some loose threads and thread 'pop ups' may occur during transit.
- These can be safely trimmed back to the base of the rug and will not affect the rug structurally.
- All sizes are quoted as a representation only.
- The nature of hand made, natural products sometimes results in size variations of up to 3% in length or width.
- Art Hide does not apply backing fabric to rugs.
- The natural suede finish provides an ideal anti-slip texture that will adhere perfectly to surfaces suited to rugs. If additional cushioning is desired, normal rug padding can be used.
- Art Hide advises consulting a professional carpet layer for additional rug installation advice for permanent adhesives or cushioning requirements.
- Art Hide rugs should be stored flat.
Returns and Refund Policy
- It is important to Art Hide that you are satisfied with your purchase of products. The following conditions are strictly applied to all returns and requests for refund or exchange:
- Art Hide is not under any duty to accept goods, including customised items, returned by you and will do so only on terms to be agreed in writing in each case. Custom designed items
- Art Hide will not change or exchange a product once the product design and order has been signed off by you and/or the manufacturing has commenced.
- Art Hide will not refund a customised product except where there is an agreed manufacturers fault or defect, in which case the procedure in Paragraph 9.9 must be strictly followed for a refund or replacement to be considered.
- Art Hide offers a 14-day money-back guarantee (less a 5% restocking fee) on any products purchased on the website, provided products are returned in original and unused condition.
- You may exchange the item for another time of the same value with no restocking fee.
- You are required to email Art Hide with your refund request within 14 days of receipt of your item.
- If the returned merchandise is approved for refund assessment, you are responsible for the return postage to Art Hide.
- Art Hide reserves the right to inspect and assess the condition of returned merchandise before processing a refund or exchange.
- After 14 days, there is no refund for a change of mind. Manufacturer's fault or defects (website purchases and custom design items)
- We will happily provide a full refund and reimburse you for the cost of return shipping via standard Australia Post where the item is deemed to have a genuine manufacturers fault or defect under the following conditions:
- It is your responsibility to examine the item upon receipt for any manufacturing defects or faults.
- You must notify Art Hide immediately upon noticing any defects or faults AND within 14 days of receiving the order.
- You must provide the following information
- Order name
- Order number
- Details of the defects or faults and
- Photographs clearly showing defects or faults.
- Art Hide will provide instructions for the return of the items for physical examination where we determine a possible manufacturers fault or defect is present.
- The subject of a refund request, once received by Art Hide, will be examined for faults or defects.
- You will receive a notification from us about whether we agree that the items are faulty or defective within 24 hours of the receipt of items by us.
- If deemed faulty by Art Hide, a replacement item will be shipped where possible (subject to stock availability), or a refund will be issued.
- Returns will be processed within ten (10) business days from the day the return arrives at Art Hide Warehouse.
- After 14 days, photographic proof must be provided of any suggested fault to prove the fault lies with the product and not due to improper care of Art Hide products.
- Art Hide will assess the nature of the suggested fault and confirm whether a repair, replacement, or refund is applicable.
- An email must be sent to email@example.com notifying us of the nature of the problem and request to return the item, and we will respond within 24 hours.
- Where a return and refund of an item is approved, the purchase price less a 5% restocking fee will be refunded.
- We will not accept the return of items where a customer has not paid relevant custom and/or import duties. In such cases, no refunds will be provided.
- All returns should be returned with postal or courier tracking. Sale items
- There are no returns or exchanges on any items on sale. Gift voucher purchases
- Orders purchased with redeemable online gift vouchers will be refunded with a replacement voucher. Exchange
- You can exchange your product for another one of the same or greater value without a restocking fee.
- All exchange requests must be received within 14 days of your purchase.
- Please contact Art Hide firstname.lastname@example.org with your exchange request and the following details:
- Your name
- Order number
- Phone number
- Email address
- Postal address
- We will be in touch within 24 hours of receipt of your email.
- The Customer is required to
- Pack and seal the item in appropriate protective postage satchels, and
- Attach a trackable Australia Post or courier company label, and
- Return the item by post or courier to the address provided in your exchange confirmation email.
- Art Hide does not accept responsibility for items posted to us by you.
- Please ensure all requested information is contained within the parcel to confirm the purchaser's identity.
- Art Hide will replace the item after inspection and send another item in exchange, free of charge; however, the Customer is responsible for the postage for the item selected for exchange. Postage fees responsibility and reimbursement
- Art Hide will reimburse you for the costs of return postage where an item is faulty or an error on our side (e.g. incorrect order) using standard Australian Post service.
- If you change your mind or seek to exchange an item, you will be liable for return and exchange postage fees as required.
- Refund processing
- When your return is received, examined, and a refund is approved, an email will be sent to the Customer confirming refund approval.
- Please allow 3-5 working days for your item to be examined and the refund request to be approved.
- Please allow up to 10 days from approval for your refund to appear in your nominated bank account.
14-day money-back guarantee
Limitation of liability
- Art Hide guarantees the stitching of all of its products only.
- Art Hide's liability for the stitching of all of its products is limited to making good any defects by repairing the defects or at Art Hide's option, by replacement, within a period not exceeding twelve (12) calendar months after the goods have been dispatched so long as:
- defects have arisen solely from faulty materials or workmanship;
- the goods have not received maltreatment, inattention or interference;
- accessories of any kind used by the Customer are manufactured by or approved by Art Hide, and
- the defective parts are promptly returned free of cost to Art Hide.
- After this time, Art Hide will gladly carry out repairs at your cost.
- Except as provided in these conditions, all express and implied warranties, guarantees and conditions under statute or general law as to merchantability, description, quality, suitability or fitness of the goods for any purpose or as to design, assembly, installation, materials or workmanship or otherwise are expressly excluded.
- Art Hide's liability for a breach of a condition or warranty implied by law is limited to any one or more of the following:
- the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods;
- the repair of the goods;
- the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring
- equivalent goods; or
- the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired.
- Our products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law.
- For our Room Services, you understand that the arts and images are an artistic representation only.
- You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage limited to the amount paid as the purchase price.
- You are also entitled to have the products replaced if the products fail to be of acceptable quality, and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
- You may also be entitled to remedies that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law if any services supplied by us to you fail to meet a consumer guarantee under the Australian Consumer Law.
- To the extent legally permitted, under no circumstances are we to be held liable to any party for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary or consequential damages of any type whatsoever related to or arising from the supply of products or services, including layout, assembly or installation of goods via this website or otherwise, or the use of such goods or services by any person, including, without limitation, any lost profits or savings, damage to or loss of property or personal injury (including death), even if we are expressly advised of the possibility of such damages.
- This exclusion and waiver of liability apply to all legal causes of action, including but not limited to contract, warranty, or negligence.
- Where we refund you the amount of your order (less any amount you have agreed we may deduct, as described in these terms and conditions), you agree such refund is the total amount of our liability to you for all circumstances relating to the refund.
Copyright and Intellectual Property
- All material on this Site or otherwise delivered by Art Hide, including (but not limited to) all designs and artwork (Our Content), is subject to copyright.
- Modification of our Content for any other purpose is a violation of our copyright and other proprietary rights and is strictly prohibited and may violate the copyright of third parties.
- You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by using the Site or our content or purchasing our product.
- The artwork, designs, trademarks, logos, and service marks displayed on our Site are the registered or unregistered trademarks of Art Hide and third parties from whom we have obtained appropriate permissions for use.
- Whether registered or unregistered, the trademarks may not be used in connection with any product or service that does not belong to Art Hide, in any manner that is likely to confuse with customers, or in any manner that disparages Art Hide.
- Nothing contained on this Site should be construed as granting, by implication or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark without our express written permission.
- You agree that damages may be an inadequate remedy to a breach of these Terms and acknowledge that Art Hide will be entitled to seek injunctive relief if such steps are necessary to prevent violations of its intellectual property rights.
- A Force Majeure event is an event outside our control that delays or hinders our ability to perform our obligations under this Agreement.
- A Force Majeure event includes but is not limited to fire, flood, earthquake or similar natural disasters, riot, war, terrorism, civil strife, labour disputes or disturbances, industry-wide material or services shortages outside our reasonable control, an outbreak of pandemic disease, governmental regulations, communication, technology or utility failures, computer virus or unauthorised tampering.
- Art Hide is obliged to act reasonably to mitigate a Force Majeure event's effect to perform its obligations under this Agreement.
- Art Hide shall not be deemed in breach of this Agreement for the suspension or delay in performing, or failure to perform, any of its obligations under this Agreement if delay or failure of performance result from Force Majeure events.
- Upon the occurrence of any Force Majeure Event, Art Hide shall notify the Customer of its inability to perform or of delay in supply or delivery and shall propose the following at its discretion:
- revisions to the delivery schedule for products and services; or
- cancel the order with a credit amount paid for the order less any expenses without any further liability to the Customer.
- Where performance is impossible due to duration and effect of the Force Majeure event, Art Hide shall not be liable to the Customer for damages arising out of or relating to the suspension or termination of any of its obligations or duties under this Agreement because of the occurrence of a Force Majeure Event.
- Should a dispute arise between us, we strongly encourage you to contact Art Hide at email@example.com to seek a resolution.
- Any reasonable requests will be considered, and Art Hide will attempt to resolve the dispute through alternative dispute resolution procedures, such as mediation or arbitration, as alternatives to litigation.
Modification to terms
- We may alter these Terms from time to time by posting the modified version on our website.
- You should visit the website regularly to keep up to date with any alterations.
- In the case of an alteration, the altered Terms only apply to products ordered via the website after the alteration takes effect.
- These Terms shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of the State of Western Australia.
- You consent to the courts' exclusive jurisdiction in Western Australia to determine any matter or dispute that arises between you and Art Hide.
By proceeding with your purchase, you are deemed to have read, understood and agreed to the terms of your purchase under this Agreement.
Art Hide Pty Ltd